"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Baby Bella

Mood: estatic
Listening to: 'Baby' by Justin Bieber
Hungry for: milk

I got a new puppy!

Well, she's not really a puppy. She's a young female, a Silky Terrier, and she's so gorgeous! Her name is Bella, and we got her on Sunday from death row at a pound about two hours away from where I live. She's a little bundle of joy, so cute.

I would have blogged about her earlier except for the fact I actually can't type when she's on my lap at the computer - I have to have at least one hand fully employed in scratching her belly. She loves having her belly scratched - she'll stop in the middle of the staircase for one if she thinks you'll bend down anytime soon. She's very small, much smaller than our other dog, and I've hardly heard a yap out of her - although she did apparently bark at a park ranger that she didn't like the look of today at the park.

I call her Belly, or Belly-Boo. She follows me around everywhere - like quite literally, everywhere - and rarely goes out of my sight. She's terrified of the doggy door (ironic, much?) and we both get seperation anxiety when I go to school. Today was my super-long day - a full day of school plus choir practice in the morning and orchestra rehearsal in the evening - but when I got home her little roly-poly cuteness made my day.

More on Belly later.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Bella is a sweet dog.

And you have a great nickname for her.

(Are you going to get a wolfhound and call it Jacob?)

Anonymous said...

that would be cute...but I'm more of an Edward shipper. So I'm gonna find an immortal sparkly white dog with a permanently grumpy expression.