"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Your sister...

Mood: musicky (i know that's not a word)
Listening to: 'Things I'll Never Say' by Avril Lavigne
Hungry for: nuthin...just ate...

My sister gets 'your sister...'ed all the time. No, it's not like getting 'yo mamma'd - it's not as funny and twice as annoying, apparently.

You see, I'm known for being a bit of a weird one at school. Smart at things I shouldn't be. Incredibly dumb at things I should be good at. Eccentric. Different. Rule breaker. That kind of thing.

And then people forget that I do live in the same house as my sister, and also forget she's my sister, not my mother and constant minder. So she gets 'your sister'd all the time. Like, 'your sister had a strange hairstyle today' and 'your sister was getting told off just then', or, occasionally 'your sister was crying at recess' or 'your sister was having a yelling match with some dude'.

That kind of thing. It's not that my sister doesn't care about me, but this is the 21st century, and she is my sister. She generally knows all this stuff, and if she doesn't, she isn't gonna die without it.

Do you get 'your sister'd? Does your sister get 'your sister'd'? Do you 'your sister' people? Intentionally or not?

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

I can imagine it would be annoying and embarrassing for your sister.

She probably wouldn't like to stand out.