"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, September 18, 2011

???

I read a lot of blogs, mostly written mostly by women, and yes, most of them are mothers.

I just have a more mature taste in blogs.

(insert inappropriate joke here)

What I don't understand is all these perfectly capable women throwing all sense of individuality or, I don't know, sanity out the window the second they trip down the aisle, and letting men have the final say in such intimite and intrinsically feminine issues such as childbirth plans and breastfeeding. I mean ????

They talk alot about submission; and how 'submission and leadership are two sides of the same coin' and how 'submitting is not degrading'. Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure it was.

They talk alot about 'evangelical feminism' and how it's coming between women and 'God's word'. They make me sound like some angsty lesbian slut who's going to exclusively feed her adopted children soda and banana milk or something.

I have nothing against them for being Christian, or housewives. I just can't stand that they let their husbands have so much say in stuff that is really their own personal business. Are their husbands going to tell them what contraception to use? Which tampons to use? When does it end!?


No comments: