"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Secret World of a Propaganda Minister.

I have estimated that I have perhaps 100 steady readers.

Of them, I suppose a dozen or so are people I know. Mostly people I love, and people I hate. And The Propaganda Minister. He's in a class of his own.

I do urge you to check out his blog, The Secret World of a Propoaganda Minister (I wonder where he got that from?). The Propaganda Minister is an extremely intelligent, capable, witty political young man - although not as much as he thinks he is - and has some, um, unusual opinions. And some lovely graphics of our school principal and the Prime Minister.

FYI, TPM, Ein Joll looks exactly like Umbridge.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

As probably one of the ~80 steady readers who you don't know personally, I think Secret world of a Propaganda Minister is very interesting.

I was especially interested to read about Emma being connected to Meiji Dynasty/Empire and the filial piety.

And was it wrong for me to think of "It makes me laugh" in (I later realised) Phantom of the Opera?

* * *

There are some good ones in the tradition. I am thinking of "Chemical Ali", Information Minister of Iraq during the War on Terror.

Always enjoy a little enlightened subversion.