"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, December 17, 2009

10 Things I Hate About You.

I hate the way you talk to me,
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots,
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
It even makes me rhyme.

I hate the way youre always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when youre not around,
And the fact that you didnt call.
But mostly I hate the way I dont hate you,
Not even close,
Not even a little bit,
Not even at all.

- Kat Stradford in Ten Things I Hate About You.

I love this poem. I really, really love this poem.

But the thing is, as good as this movie is, it's still too...cinematic. Not realistic at all. Why? Because about three seconds after the scene when Kat reads this, she makes up with Patrick Verona, the boy she wrote the poem about, the boy who broke her heart. Because Patrick liked her. Because love, as always in movies, is a two way thing, and even if it isn't in scenario one, it always is in scenario two.

Why is love a one way thing? What's so good about those other girls? What's so bad about me?

I hate the line 'lets just be friends'
I hate the line 'I hope our friendship never ends'
I hate it when you date other girls,
I hate it so much it makes my hair curl,
I hate the fact that I mean nothing to you,
I hate the fact you mean so much to me,
I hate it when you expect me to always help you,
I hate it when you're never there for me.

I hate it when you blackmail,
I hate it when you lie,
I hate it when you make me feel guilty,
I hate it when you make me cry.
I hate how much I love you,
I hate how little you love me,
I hate how things turn out the way you want,
Never how I want things to be.

No comments: