"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Forgiveness.

Mood:wistful...
Listening to: Breathe by Taylor Swift

I think forgiveness is something that is just expected, these days. It's like sure, I mucked up, whatever, can you just forgive me already?

I don't forgive that easily - well, I didn't. I used to say that I 'hardly ever forgive, and never forget'...and that was true, once. And it used to be so easy to hold grudges, to never forgive, to let them beg and grovel and still remain as cold as ice. I used to be good at that.

But now, it's not so easy to hold my head high. I'm not softening, I'm weakening. Buckling under pressure, the subtle emotional blackmail of love.

I used to think it's so easy to hate, and so difficult to love.

Now it's so easy to love, and so difficult to hate.

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

That's good.

Have read something really good on forgiveness. It involves writing a letter to the person as if you were that person, and then writing back as you.

C.S said...

That's really great I think, LR.
You only hold grudges and hate people because you think it'll hurt them, but it really hurts you in the end. You're not weakening, you're getting stronger.