"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tempestuous.

Mood: tempestuous ;)
Listening to: 'Your Anything' by Taylor Swift
Hungry for:...water? juice?

Okay, I've changed my blog name again, in honour of one of my new favourite movies, 10 Things I Hate About You. So, in a way, this is also a tribute to the great Heath Ledger, who has a starring role in this remake of William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew.

The word 'tempestuous' comes from a scene when the 'shrew', Kat Stradford (Julia Stiles) is at a very unproductive counselling session with the school's guidance counsellor, who is more interested in writing disgusting imagery for her erotic novel than the mental welfare of the students. The counsellor says that she's getting a reputation, and Kat asks whether it's for being 'tempestuous'. The guidance counsellor replies that 'heinous bitch' is the more common term for her behaviour.

Either way. Kat is cool, and she got Patrick Verona.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

She is very cool!

And I love "Tempestuous" as a title for your blog.