"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Weird Weirdness.

The problem with me is that my behaviour doesn't always reflect my IQ capabilities, which is why I don't really fit in with any of the stereotypical cliques. And because of that, I get the 'one size fits all' label - freak.

The thing is, girls of my IQ generally don't give a shit about what they look like and what other people, particularly boys, think about them. They pretty much only care about how many A's end up on their report card. For me, that's important too, but I like boys and makeup and other girly things normally reserved for the 'normal' percentage of the population. Normal plus nerd for me is perfectly normal, but for them, it's like trying to mix oil and water.

Sometimes I wish I was more nerdy. I wish that every boy I saw didn't become the next Adonis. Sometimes I even miss that 'boy-germs' stage I went through when I was about eight years old. Sometimes I get sick of pretending I don't give a shit...sometimes I wish I *genuinely* don't give a shit.

No comments: