"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mood: meh
Listening to: 'White Flag' by Dido
Hungry for: food....obviously....

They say that little kids like to stare because they're so fascinated by the world around them.

Little kids also like to give dirty looks.

More specifically, little kids like giving me dirty looks.

Little kids are taught by some unknown force of nature that body hugging clothes, high heels, hair products and makeup are like BAD BAD BAD, and they keep thinking this until they reach about ten years old and they suddenly become GOOD GOOD GOOD. To them, all these 'big girl things' are 'slutty, bad things', and so anyone who stoops low enough to use them are slutty, bad people.

So I was grocery shopping with my mum the other day (the sole reasons why I do this is one, my mum and I are super close, two, my mum reckons I still need to have parental supervision but actually she's the one that you need to keep an eye on and three, I am my mum's walking, talking shopping list. If I didn't go with her when she shopped I doubt there would be anything edible in this house at the moment.) and there were all these little kids, wearing little kid clothes that resemble potato sacks dyed shocking pink, looking at me, in a sundress and strappy heels, as though I had walked into Coles wearing red lingerie or something.

Little kids are so funny. Because one day they'll wear strappy heels and sundresses and makeup, and then they'll wonder why all the little kids are giving them dirty looks.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Your mum!

She's the one who needs public supervision?

And the children and the high-heeled boots/shoes.