"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

La Quin

Best English teacher of all time. Wait, can that. Best teacher of all time.

How do I describe him? He's a genius. A mad scientist. The crazy-professor type. The kind of teacher who feeds us with energy and excitement and passion until we're virtually buzzing. The kind of teacher who knows how ridiculous we found the WAMSE and the teacher who laughed with us. The teacher who ran an underground 'wear a tie' campaign with the year twelves, the kind of teacher who scorns blazers and instead matches his radical ties with leather jackets. The kind of teacher who seems to know everything about everything. The chocolates at exam time are gladly appreciated, too.

To be honest, when I first saw my current English teacher, I thought he was rather grumpy. He never smiles. But now I know that he does, in fact, smile - but it's all in the wickedness of his eyes, the kind of look you see in a procociously naughty child when he's about to do something daredevil. His kind of humour is intelligent, funny, witty humour, dry, ironic, sarcastic and defiant. I would study trig with this teacher. I would study anything with this teacher. Four times a week we laugh and talk and study and learn more than I do in an entire day sans English - which is Friday, the blue day, the boring day, the sans Quin day.

Ah well, at least on Friday I have Conway for politics.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

He sounds like a great teacher.

And I love the things you wrote in your second paragraph, about your first impressions and how that changed.

Chocolate in the exams is a good thing.