"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, January 01, 2011

If you don't mind me saying, I do know I may seem kind of narrow minded.

I'm a teenager. I haven't seen enough or heard enough to, I don't know, publish an academic paper based on my opinions and back them up with reliable sources. Which is why I am a student who is still learning who has a blog, not a professor who has a paying job and a stack of publications to her name.

So please, give me some leeway if I don't back up all of my rants with reliable sources.

I started this blog because I believe, due to the aforesaid perception of narrowmindedness, I am dismissed almost entirely by the society that I am, supposedly, a part of. But despite the fact I don't know how to reference my work Harvard-style or that sometimes I feel I have to write things and I know nobody would ever back me up, doesn't mean you can't discount what I say entirely.

I admit my views on religion are controversial, although to be perfectly honest (in true Sheldon style) I really cannot see why. Trust me, if you were me you won't really be too enthusiastic about the idea of some dude who can basically do anything to us. At least I don't plan on blowing up people who disagree with me.

No comments: