"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Rate My Teachers.

I don't understand why teachers are so upset about the controversial 'Rate My Teachers' site. I mean, especially politics teachers. They should know all about freedom of speech, because that's all they ever bloody preach about, before telling us to shut our mouths and do some work.

Okay, I know. Some students will never like somebody as a teacher no matter how hard that said teacher tries. There will be some students who will be moany and whiny and petty and put unfair comments on the site.

But we're not all like that, and treating us like that isn't going to make you get straight fives. Buzzinga.

It is really not all that hard to be a satisfactory teacher, a teacher that can create an environment of mutual respect, so teachers should take their own advice and 'shut up, stop making excuses and get to work'.

We're an elite school, okay? We're not stupid. We know if a teacher is being a deliberate pain in the ass because they hate life and they hate how their student trumps them in everything, from IQ to fashion. We have teachers in our school who should genuinely die in a whole, and we have the right to say things like that. Teachers are in a position of direct power over people who have no say, and now we do have a say. As Sheldon Cooper would say, niner-niner.

Teachers who are moaning about how all their students will be sparked into a full scale rebellion should know that if they were any good at what they're supposed to be doing then you get nice comments written about you. Every day I get bullied at school by teachers who are scared of their own shadow. So now it's my turn. Buckle up, bitches.

No comments: