"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, January 10, 2011

Speak Now

Silly poems I made from the lyrics of Speak Now: 

I'm starting to think one day I'll tell the story of us,
'Cause you were the best thing that's ever been mine,
And now I don't know how to be something you miss,
And there's nothing I do better than revenge,
'Cause all you are is mean.

Songs: The Story of Us, Mine, Last Kiss, Better Than Revenge, Mean

Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone:
She's not a saint and she's not what you think, she's an actress,
She took him faster than you could say sabotage.
I never thought we'd have our last kiss,
I never thought we'd ever end like this.

Songs: Dear John, Better Than Revenge, Last Kiss

It's okay, life is a tough crowd; 32 and still growing up now,
Please try and never grow up
And I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you,
You're still an innocent.

Songs: Innocent, Never Grow Up, Long Live

I sit on the floor wearing your clothes.
You lost your balance on a tightrope,
And if the chain is on your door,
I understand
But I never thought we'd have our last kiss.
I can't look back now,
I'm haunted.


Songs: Last Kiss, Innocent, Back to December, Haunted

It was enchanting to meet you
And I see sparks fly whenever you smile.
I love your handshake meeting my father,
I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets;
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you.
The lingering question kept me up,
2:00 am, who do you love?
I'm starting to think one day I'll tell the story of us,
How we met and the sparks flew instantly...
You've made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter.

Songs: Enchanted, Sparks Fly, Last Kiss, Long Live, The Story of Us, Mine.

No comments: