"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wrong Number

I really shouldn't hate it when people call us and it's the wrong number, because I do it all the time.

Do you know how I know it's a wrong number? They call out a normal name.

"Hi, is there a Helen there?"
"Can I speak to Louise?"
"Yo Angie, wassup?"

If any of them say something in the realms of 'Jeeeeeeeen' or 'Jesus' then I know they've got the right number, but they've clearly never heard of Asia before.

But when they do get the wrong number, I hate it when they say "Is it the wrong number? It can't be the wrong number."

No, I'm just screwing with you buddy, because everyone knows that I don't dream of having a normal name like Helen.

"But this must be the number it's 3049 6308, it's 3049 6308"


No it's not.

"You must be wrong."

No, I'm pretty sure that this is my number, this is my phone and you're not supposed to be calling it.

"Oh, haha, you are wrong. Sorry. Bye!"


I'm wrong!?

For those of you who don't have a brain, that is not my number. My name is not Helen. And I did not actually say that to the poor bugger who just called me. But that is what he said.

1 comment:

C.S said...

I clearly had it worse. At 2am a guy called me about five times telling me that I was 'Tom' or watever, and once someone called me about a hundred times to come because Matt had drugs or something D: