"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Best Friends

I

I could tell you a lot of things.
I could say that he smiles at me every day
I could tell you that he makes me laugh and has half of my heart
I could say that he holds me when I cry
I could tell you that he makes everything better
I could say that he's always the highlight of my day
I could tell you that we stay up until half past too late
talking and talking and talking and talking

But all I will tell you
And all I will say
Is that he is my best friend.

Inspired by Stay Beautiful by Taylor Swift

* * *

II

i can't count

how many times

i have said

i've had enough

this is the last straw, don't want to hurt anymore

i can't count

how many times

i have cried

i can't count every little scar

i can't count

how many times i have said

to myself

in defeat

'forgive and forget'

for my best friend

Inspired by You're Not Sorry by Taylor Swift

* * *

III

words...fail...i can't even...begin...to say...

how beautiful, flawless, fearless

life is, my friend. 

and...i...can't tell you...just...

how blessed, thankful, grateful

i am, my friend. 

i love you to the moon and back

stay

beautiful. 

Inspired by Long Live by Taylor Swift

* * *

IV

I am tired of faking smiles
What can I say,
To them,
Without 'I told you so'?

I am broken by living on borrowed time
A stolen kiss,
Robbed from you
Or me?

But I dread the inevitable goodbyes
Maybe I should let go
To find
Something more right than wrong?

We are missed opportunities
      And deafening silences
            And broken hearts
                  And sleepless nights
                        And breaking down
                              And could have beens

And best friends...

Inspired by Girl at Home by Taylor Swift

* * *

Inspired by T.S. Eliot's Preludes 
Click here for a discussion of Best Friends

No comments: