"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

inoculation

they ask if it hurt
if i'm numb
if i can feel anything

yes, i can see you
feel you

hear you
touch you

but now you can touch and not bruise
harm but not kill

they say i will never feel anything again

but that's a lie

love wrote history
and there are ties that bind

i still remember every touch, taste and scar

i am not tainted
but i am not new

now nobody can hurt me
as much as you

click here for a discussion of inoculation

No comments: