"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Inferno

I was a moth drawn to the flame
A bird caught in the eyes of a snake
Could you call it falling?
Your big warm hand caught my skirt
And pulled me under

I wouldn't call it drowning
Water couldn't explain the burning
I can't describe this feeling
And why I kept believing

Like a river after the flood
I couldn't imagine asking for more
How can I put it gently?
I mistook inebriation
For satisfaction

I sought to satiate curiosity
I was restless with simplicity
But now I know the longing
Of loving all the wrong things

I miss all the could bes we'll never know
Let the only sound be the overflow
I fell for your inferno
Where did all the love go?

Inspired by Old Flame by Kimbra 
Click here for a discussion of Inferno

No comments: