"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, October 27, 2012

the silence of numbers

My imagination runs riot
As I stare at the grim page 
Twisted and defeated
By bureaucrats and fate

I'm tired of writing words in blood
And songs with no sound
I try to make you listen
But I'm too quiet, too loud

I'm not fighting the system
I'm crying at a broken promise
You're so casually cruel
In the name of being honest 

Numbers have no feeling
And can't paint my memories
But my cheeks flush red
At my hollow victories

I'm just an ink-splattered poet
And a tear stained girl
But I'm the unwilling martyr
Of a calculative world

I'm running in circles
I've been here before
They gave me a massacre
Instead of a war.

Click here for a discussion of the silence of numbers

No comments: