"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

가랔지

Now Playing: Red by Taylor Swift (loving him was like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street, faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ended so suddenly...)

You know what's cool? 가랔지 (garakji)

In Joseon Korea (when my family was a yangban clan) single women wore 반지 (banji), or a single ring, and married/engaged women wore two matching rings, one on top of the other, called 가랔지. The rings could be tied together or be one ring that looks like two. It represents the harmony of the married couple. As seen in the K-drama 동이 (Dong Yi), when the king gives Lady Chun a pair of jade rings tied together with red silk.

Nawwwwww.

And of course now I am dying to have one.

No comments: