"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Nosy Teachers and Exciting Possibilities

Teachers are so nosy sometimes.

Personal notes are supposed to be private, right? Like, stuff you write for yourself, for your own learning. Stuff you can doodle and embellish on, and write little memos and fun little drawings.

Wrong.

Our teachers insist on inspecting our notes all the time. Especially my ******* teacher, and my French master. I mean, what's wrong with them? It's our notes you know, our life. What we write is none of their business.

They invade your private life as well - they want to know who's dating who, who broke up with who and why, and they make snide comments about things that are so two thousand and *late*. I mean, it's really hurtful when they make comments about boys that you've only just gotten over, or link you with your best mates - I mean, since when has it been a crime to have male friends? I love my guy friends, but that doesn't mean we're like all lovey-dovey. Why can't we just have normal, platonic friendships without getting teased? And from teachers, for crying out loud. So much for their anti-bullying campaigns - it's not even working on teachers, let alone students.

Why can't teachers just teach and shut up? I mean, I don't mind teachers that do extra to help you, but I can't stand teachers that go out of their way to make your life hell.

Like my ******* teacher. If I get in trouble, I get in even deeper trouble than the other students. He made me spit out my cough lolly during class. He said it was against school policy to eat during class, but I was like Hello? It's a *cough lolly*, not a three course banquet. None of my other teachers minded, not even my super-strict math teacher. If I were a teacher I'd much prefer a student inconspiciously sucking on lozenges then coughing her mouth out.

He's such a hypocrite as well - during class, he always goes out to his office to get things he forgets - once he went to his office *six times* in one lesson. If I forget something for one miserable day, he bites my head off. Him? He just saunters out of the classroom with a casual "Sorry" and it's all cool.

He's lost my homework as well - I am so peeved. He's given me hell for missing four miserable papers and now he's lost my latest one. He's not going to make me do it again - there is no way in hell I'm doing it again. He never makes any allowances or exceptions - even when I went to *hospital* and now I just have to be all cool with the fact he's lost my assignment before he's marked it. Well, I'm not. And if he can't find it, I demand full marks. It's not fair that he picks on me so bad - I know I'm not perfect, but, by God, he is a hell of a lot worse.

And he's got his facts all wrong too - he's droning on and on about how we have to do science for TEE - that's our university entrance exams we take at the end of year twelve - and I'm just like, what's wrong with you? The only subject that's compulsory is English, and the only other requirement is that you do something mathematical, scientific or technological as well. That means I can trade maths and science for cooking, which I am planning to do. SUCK ON THAT!!! I HATE YOU, ******* TEACHER!!! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LET ALONE TEACH!!!

On a lighter note, I'm so excited! I'm skipping a grade in another subject!

God, I sound like such a nerd. I'm not, honest. I just like skipping grades.

Next year I'm skipping a grade in Social Sciences, which is like history, law, politics, economics and geography. That's what I love about this school - you have so much freedom, you can tailor your courses to exactly what you want. Woohoo!

2 comments:

zoe said...

(sigh) French has to be one of the only subjects where being good really sucks. Especially with our teacher. Heck, I'm never paying the slightest amount of attention in class. A word of advice- don't listen to him. His pronunciation sucks.

Eli said...

gee Lady Renegade...it's not hard to guess which teacher you are talking about! Yeah, I totally agree with you and i remember all of that stuff that happened in class...the teacher is very, ahem, uptight about certain things, yes??
keep up the awesome writing L.R!!!
xx ily Eli