"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Why they Call These Holidays I Have No Idea...

They should call them 'Finish Your Homework NOW or Die days'.

Yes, school's out, but I'm not really enjoying myself.

For one thing I feel horribly, utterly, fat. Seriously. I've been eating like a pig and now, I can't even walk up two flights of stairs without my heart stopping momentarily. I forgot I had maths after lunch one time, so I wasn't waiting in the East Building like I should of, but I was outside chatting to my friends. When the bell went, I went 'shit!', and consequently tried to run up two flights of stairs and down a corridor.

You see, if there's one thing to avoid when it comes to my maths teacher is being late. You *never* show up late to her classes unless you're feeling particularly suicidal, because chances of surviving being late to maths are minimal.

But we look like *idiots* when we run. Seriously. One thing, our uniform has like nix sport technology, so our skirts flap around and we look like...well, we look like great flying octopuses, that's what. And with super heavy, oversized bags and shoes that act like dead weights, we look really stupid. Not to mention we're really slow.

So I'm chugging up these stairs, wishing that I wasn't as unfit as I sadly was, and that these flights weren't as horribly long as they are. When I finally get up, I still have to race down the corridor with half a dozen other people who are late, and we all scream 'Get out of the way! We have Miss B!'

And, funnily, they do move out of the way. It's the only time you'll ever see a senior moving aside for a year eight. It's hilarious.

Another thing about my math teacher is that she gives a mountain of homework. Actually, they all do, but seriously, no-one does homework like my math teacher does.

So I'm back from my three week holiday, and I'm up to my earlobes with homework. Most of it is maths, but I got a fair share of English and other things as well.

Fun. Brilliant. And they're all like 'It's only a little bit, just take it easy'

Seriously. Define 'a little bit'. For one, it's not 'a little bit' so I have a lot of 'little bits' that aren't really little to do, and so now I'm drowning in homework.

I can see this is going to be a fun holiday. I have sixteen homework units to hand in, I have to read two books, watch two movies and write two essay papers.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH@#$%W%W&@%&@#^%SSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTT$^@$&@#$^@$%@^#@^#$OOOOOOHHHHHHGGGGGGGOOOOOOODDDDDDHHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPMMMMMEEEE$^#&^#$%^@$^GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH$^@$#@%#$@%$%@#$GGGGOOOODDDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT@#$Q^%#%&#^&#@$%^@...

happy holidays!

No comments: