"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Vlog

Lots of people have been bugging me to start vlogging (video blogging).

But I hate to break it to you guys, but I can't vlog. Seriously.

Well, for one, I think my writing is a lot more entertaining than seeing my fat ugly face in a video doing all the ranting. Seriously. I'm not a pretty sight, and I'm pretty hopeless at Photoshop, which I don't have at home. And I have the most revolting voice - too low, and I cough a lot and stutter even more and talk super fast. I also don't have a video camera, so the chances of me successfully making a watchable video is zilch.

I am also hopeless at loading videos onto my blog - because every time I try, it just doesn't work, because all the videos I want to load have their embing disabled. I can't even load a *picture* onto this thing - I tried loading a picture of Eomer on to one of my posts so I could show you guys how hot he is, but it didn't work. I can't do anything on the computer except boring old writing. Sorry guys, that's just how I roll.

And it takes so much time making a video - you have to film it over and over and over again because you mess up so many times, or you've accidentally said something that's not PG. And seriously, time is something I don't have. I blog whenever I can - before school, while eating, just before bed, whilst I'm trying to research or do homework - and I'm not normally in the best shape whilst I blog. I'm always either stuffing my face with food, or in my pajamas or in my school uniform (if I vlog about the stuff I blog about whilst wearing school uniform I am *dead*) with my makeup sliding off and my hair in a complete mess and...yeah, not pretty. It'd be like the Bride of Frankenstein ranting about misogynistic, pessimistic, narcassawhatsits teachers.

So, it's just going to stay a boring old blog.

But I do have some things for you guys if you *seriously* want to see a vlog, although it's not by me. There's a vlogger on youtube called Natalie Tran, who has her own vlogging channel called communitychannel. She's a university student in Sydney and her vlogs are heaps funny - I spend ages watching them. I don't know her personally, but she's totally cool. My favourite? this one:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_P3knWE9w&feature=channel_page

Another reason why I love her videos is that they're EMBED, so I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY LOADED A VIDEO ONTO MY BLOG!!! WHOOT!!!

But I love this particular one because I do that all the time. I have this voice recorder thingy on my phone, and if you see me walking around looking like an idiot talking to my phone, it's because I'm ranting about something - like nosy teachers - or I'm dictating what I should write. Her voiceover is pretty much what I chat to my phone about. And my phone listens patiently, recording down every word I say, whilst all the seniors look at me like 'What a freak'. I have now found an ingenious new way to overcome this - I hold my phone to my ear so it looks like I'm actually using it properly, but then I have to stop every now and then so that people think the nonexistant person on the other line is having their chance to talk. It's exhausting, you know, and my life would be a whole lot easier if talking to phones was considered normal.

Her videos aren't normally like this, btw. But they're all pretty funny. Here's another one:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhJ7y9int4

The Asian girl is her, btw.

I am still up to my earlobes in homework, even though I've done quite a bit: I've finished my French and one of my English papers, and I'm about half way through my technology powerpoint. That's the other thing I wanted to talk about.

Technology.

There is really no point teaching me Computing. I mean, seriously, I suck. I know a bit of html, but no, we're not learning html - we're learning how to touch type. If there's one thing I can do in this world, it's touch type. My record is eighty, my average is fifty, and I never get below forty (that's words per minute). So teaching me to touch type is an utter waste of time. Every time I write my score down on the score sheet, my teacher looks at me suspiciously as though I've found some way to cheat the system or something. I haven't. I just blog a lot and type a lot and as of consequence, I happen to type at a freakishly inhuman speed.

And we're learning powerpoint. Seriously, I've been powerpointing ever since I was five years old - who hasn't? There's nothing really to learn in Powerpoint - anyone can pull together a powerpoint presentation, it's not hard. Oh, we're learning flash as well - although I fail to see the point in animating a ball. We're also learning how to use Windows Movie Maker, only we get the exact same results that we would have gotten on power point because our teacher doesn't know how to use Windows Movie Maker, therefore there's not much she can teach us.

Fun.

Note - I do not own these videos or YouTube. I do not know Natalie Tran personally nor am I associated with communitychannel in any way. For any enquiries please post a comment or email me at geesycheesydarita@gmail.com. Please no abuse or vandalism, please.

1 comment:

amelia t said...
This comment has been removed by the author.