"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Princess Mary and Me



This is my history side coming through - it's from that series I was talking about in one of the previous posts. I love the Tudors

In this clip, Princess Mary, the King's daughter meets and falls in love with the Duke of Bavaria, the Queen's cousin - the only thing that seems to come between them is religion. But then he is suddenly sent away as her father does not approve of their relationship, and Mary attempts to stay calm and ease the Queen's guilt by saying that she would never have married him, because of their differences in faith.

I love the series, or what I've watched of it, anyway, but I particularly love Sarah Bolger's performance of Princess Mary - everyone thinks of her as some mass murdering witch, but she's not, really - she was just a very passionate person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing...and had the wrong father. Believe me, if I were her, I doubt anyone in England would have survived.

I don't think I've come across a flirtation of Princess Mary with a Duke of Bavaria, but I like this clip nonetheless. Mary reminds me of, well, me. Only my Bavarian dukes aren't sent away...they leave on their own account.

No comments: