"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Caesar.

The tighter the grip
The harder the fight -
I watch you walk away
And pray you come back,
Caesar to pleb.

I could enslave Caesar
The man, but -
His honour and pride
Cannot be caged.
I wish, but I cannot love
Caesar the slave.

But Triumph Caesar
Is Pharaoh's Caesar -
I am a pleb,
One of many, unworthy;
Caesar belongs to Isis Incarnate,
Daughter of Amun-Ra.

And when Caesar's gone
Isis will be
Antony and Cleopatra.
And when that is done
To blood and sand,
Octavian and Cleopatra.
Beauty can be fickle,
But love is a humble woman's curse;
I will while away eternity, dreaming,
Of the Gorgon and Caesar.

No comments: