"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, August 15, 2011

I've been dreaming...

It's always good to do a bit of daydreaming. For me, it's the best way to stay motivated, and also a really positive, natural way to beat depression and the oh-so-lovely symptoms of PMS, which, if you're around my age, can be pretty much 24/7 sometimes - I have no idea why they call it pre-menstrual syndrome. It's more like I-bleed-sometimes-but-I'm-shitty-always syndrome.

For me? I've been dreaming of graduation. I've been dreaming of first kisses. I've been dreaming of school ball. I've been dreaming of publishing books and giving talks about how you CAN do what you WANT (I LOVE typing in CAPITALS). I've been dreaming about teaching what I love. I've been dreaming of travelling and eating and studying. I've been dreaming of seeing more than 1 comment every once in a blue moon on this blog. I've been dreaming of magazine covers and newspaper articles and seeing Dr. and a trail of fancy letters behind my name. I've been dreaming of getting married. I've been dreaming of fighting with my kids over the last of the chicken feet. I've been dreaming of cooking for a big noisy family. I've been dreaming of cuddling up with someone warm and snuggly, and comparing spare tires ;).

You're never too young or too old to dream...

No comments: