"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Humanity

I'm a humanist in that I believe that the human body and soul is a beautiful thing and I am in awe of our ability to create and to destroy. I believe that our greatest problems in society is because we fail to understand our own psychology, and the psychology of others. I think that human sexuality is a beautiful thing, in it's natural fluid and ever changing state; I think the greatest element of humanity is our ability to love and to feel. It is when we are individual; when we break away from society; when we love ourselves and others for what we truly are - that is when we are most vulnerable, when we are most human. I aim to always remain in that state, because I admire the purity of individuality.

I believe that sexual expression, especially female sexual expression, has been stunted and exploited by a commercialized, patriarchal society. I want to be able to express who I am without being branded. Freedom is something we dream of, but can never quite bring ourselves to gift each other with.

I'm a free spirit. I'm a little kid running around barefoot and soaking up the sun. I'm a teenager crying at rom-coms and love songs. I'm a woman with big dreams.

No comments: