"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, August 29, 2011

Lost in Austen.

If only we danced
Two by two,
Four by four.
When young men stood and bowed
When you walked through the door.
If only we sang
And sewed the day away;
If only we knew
The innocent way.
If only we could go back to the times
Where the pianoforte forced civilities;
And the ballroom allowed for no liberties.
If only there were some kind of portal,
A paradox;
For there is a world in which I would like to get lost.
If only we lived as we did back then;
All I know is that I want to be lost in Austen. 

Inspired by the hit TV series 'Lost in Austen'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not my best poem, but since when must everything we write be Pulitzer worthy? This is my blog - I'm allowed to be silly if I want. I never claimed this was a good poem, or that I'm a good poet, but I have the right to post whatever the hell I want here without such rude criticism.

We can all have our own opinions on television shows. I happen to like Lost in Austen, it happened to be rather popular and although I have no problem with criticism, I have a problem with rudeness.

FYI, all comments are moderated, and I will post all comments that are civil and not personal in nature regardless whether opinions differ to mine or not. But I will not tolerate pointless and unconstructive abuse of either myself, this blog or my writing. This is why the disgusting comment to which I am referring to is not here at this time.