"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rolling in the Deep.

I wonder, sometimes,
If you knew
If you know now,
How much you hurt me.

With every hurt there is a wound.
You are a wound.

With every wound there is a scar.
You are a scar.

With every scar there is forget.
With every forget there is forgive.

It is not my choice,
But my hate kills me faster
Than it would ever kill you.
And so,
I am forgetfulness
And forgiveness
Personified,
Whilst your
Cruelty
Is almost a deity
In itself.
I am the honesty,
The decency,
That you never had.

I can forgive your cunning,
I can forget my foolishness,
But
I'll never forgive what you took from me.
I'll never forget that we could have had it all.
I'll never forgive that,
It is
Still
Just...

A dream.

Inspired by 'Rolling in the Deep' by Adele

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Cruelty as a deity!

Soli, I've been reading How to interpret poetry from the ACRO Group.

Great movement with forgiving and forgetting.

And how invidious this hatred can be!

That particular power dynamic ("my hatred hurts me more than your hatred hurts you"/"hurts you more than it hurts me") is one to explore.

Our dreams could be rolling in the deep.