"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Hunter and the Hunted.

I feel quite like a doe
With a bow and arrow.

I don't know how but
I would like to shoot.

But if I shoot the hunter
How am I to be hunted?

How can something so evil
Feel so good?

I would swap cloven hoof
For fingers and toes,

I'd swap fur for
Breast and legs.

I'd take a spear and
Run them through

And so the hunter became the hunted.

Then I'd find a stag
To call my own
And become once again the doe.

And so the hunted became the hunter.


Inspired by 'Whoso List to Hunt' by Sir Thomas Wyatt.

No comments: