"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Thousand Thousand Fearless Things #58

Now Playing: No Light, No Light by Florence + The Machine (you can't choose what stays and what fades away)

#510: Work is refreshing, and a welcome break from all the crazy confusing emotions of being a teenager.

#511: I wanted love without the build up

#512: My dog has the most charmed life, and my favourite TV show The Vampire Diaries has the most beautiful cast. The moral of the story? Even the most contented can be discontent, and even beautiful people have insecurities.

#513: Hot tea in the morning

#514: It's a grisly reminder of the dangers of being a woman

#515: It's weird, but you get the hang of washing your hair with a bar of soap. BUBBLE EXPLOSION.

#516:  In a weird nerdy twist on things, if I didn't understand psychology I'd be much more hurt

#517: Midnight chats with a Texan friend

#518: Franca and The Sound of Gravity

#519: Considering I spend my whole life biting my tongue and faking a smile and flicking splinters out of my heart, I really have no sympathy for people with tempers

#520: A gold hourglass in the mirror

#521: Breakfast with the principal. Our school really has become a fucking bureaucracy. Glad to be getting out of it. 

#522: When I was younger I would either cling to the past or lunge for the future. Now, I've learned to take things as they come, and treasure memories instead of lamenting what is lost. 

 

No comments: