"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Atonement.

And so I have learned the sin of selfishness
I dared to spread my wings too soon

I am reminded yet again
Of humility;

Of how utterly undeserving I am of you.

I will pay my penance in good time;
A thousand silent tears
A thousand screams you will never hear.

Forgive me if I flinch
At my martyrdom

I will never forget to smile
Even if I am burning on a pyre

It is easy to concede defeat
To those far greater than you will ever be

I love you enough to let you go.

And in the bitterness of altruism
I pray that I have found atonement.

Click here for a discussion of Atonement. 

No comments: