"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Forbidden Fruit.

I was scorned by those afraid
Those who listened blindly
Faithful, and gutless.

Eve always knew
Adam was not good enough for Eden
That he could not resist a taste

A kiss of innocent ambrosia
A bite of virgin flesh

Adam turned his back on Lilith
For the greater good

But I see the blood of the decaying world
And wonder whether a broken woman
Is better than a fallen one.

I have spent too long
Cast as the Serpent
When I have always been

The fruit that tastes the sweetest.

Click here for a discussion of The Forbidden Fruit

No comments: