"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Now Playing: Hardest of Hearts by Florence + The Machine (There is love in our bodies and it holds us together, but pulls us apart when we're holding each other, we all want something to hold in the night, we don't care if it hurts or we're holding too tight)

Sometimes I genuinely prefer the company of boys. Because even though there's all this business of falling in love and getting your heart broken over and over again, I can live with that.

Put it this way. I'm good at being a bitch, but I don't particularly enjoy it.

I'm done with the petty playground politics of high school. I'm done with the bitchy backstabbing, all the lies we tell each other, how we play with the status quo to see what it takes to make it fall in on itself. I hate how some people treat others with total disdain and no respect, and how selfish we have all become.

But I know exactly how to play this game. I know you all think I've forgiven and forgotten everything, but some things are just too easy to remember, especially when you try and repeat the same tricks on a different person.

So go ahead. Lie to yourself that it's all for the greater good, that you're not really doing anything, and that you don't believe in prolonging the inevitable. You learn a lot from the bottom.

Surely you would have known that I know the ropes by now. Surely you know that I don't take sides.  

No comments: