"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, July 30, 2012

Update

Now Playing: Hardest of Hearts by Florence + The Machine (there is love in our bodies and it holds us together, but pulls us apart when we're holding each other, we all want something to hold in the night, we don't care if it hurts or if we're holding too tight)

It's a week into school and, surprise surprise, I'm sick.

I don't get sick very often, and for the last couple of weeks or so I've been very high, which tends to keep me quite fit. But I think suddenly going back to school full of sick people (people don't understand that just because you're knocked out with avant-garde painkillers doesn't mean you're not contaigious or, ahem, NOT SICK) plus just all the academic and emotional blah blah of things really got to me. 

It's the term three blues that has been making the rounds lately, and so I've been eating exorbitant amounts of food (when you're small like me your body tries to increase intake in the vain hope that treble helpings will boost immunity), sleeping at bizarre hours (waking up at ten, passing out at one, waking up at five, going to bed at nine, then wondering around the house at three in the morning), and shivering despite wearing what feels like half my wardrobe.

So, yeah. I'm having a very sexy week.

I hope to be back to my usual shenanigans tomorrow. 

No comments: