"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, February 14, 2011

2011 Love Resolutions

1. I will not hide my ultra nerdiness just to impress the cute boy in my Year 11 Lit class. In a time when love is so unreliable, there is one thing that is not: A grades.

2. I will not kick myself every time I giggle in the wrong time or forget to wear makeup or show up to school with a slightly greasy hairline. I must not give the impression that I am not human.

3. I will stop dreaming about weddings and babies.

4. I will not have anymore 'Teardrops on My Guitar' moments - unnattainable boys are heartbreaking enough, without the addition of them being taken.

5. Whenever I am tempted to think about a boy of the flesh, I will think about Mr. Darcy, a nice, safe, fictional character who is also out of my league.

6. I will stop reading those incredibly lame and sexist 'How to Get a Boyfriend' articles, even just for fun.

7. I will not go out with a guy who has just been dumped, spends too much time playing sport, has mouldy sandwiches at the bottom of his bag and does not pay proper attention to personal hygiene. Even nerds must have standards.

8. I will not be ashamed of who and what and why I love. It is a part of who I am. 

9. I will not be afraid to be myself, regardless of anything or anyone.

10. I will love life. A love life will come later.

No comments: