"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Name

I solemnly swear that I will try and keep this name for as long as I can bear. I will only change it if I can think of something reaallly cool.

I couldn't change it to The Secret World of a Misunderstood Writer. When you're fifteen looking at the product of your twelve-year-old self's mind, everything is kind of lame. Anyway, it's a nightmare to type and even worse to say.

A pariah is, essentially, an exotic word for the very unexotic state of being a social outcast/loser/freak of nature. Since skipping to year eleven I have some pretty solid proof that that is what I am. People hide things less when things are official. Like you don't pick on a criminal until he's in jail, that sort of thing.

No comments: