"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Frost, Spark and Axe.

Another poem I managed to write today. I'm on a roll!

Frost, Spark and Axe

We are but sheep
Following the shepheard of convention,
In the paddock of society.
Ever fearing
Frost,
Spark
and
Axe.

We are but martyrs,
We are but prisoners,
We are but soldiers,
Ever fearing
Frost,
Spark
and
Axe.

I am but a woman,
I am but a girl,
I am but a person,
Ever fearing
Frost,
Spark
and
Axe.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Three powerful fears.

Like the sheep, we humans cuddle up together and get close.

Against heat, cold and violence.

If the axe is made out of flint, of steel...

(And this one started from a Brain Fart. Well distilled, with symbol and image).