"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Against the tide.

I'm going against the flow,
I'm part of another tide now.
I'm not part of your 'wave' anymore,
You never liked it when I was, anyhow.

It's harder against the wind,
But the currents don't always take you to the right destination,
I want to live life now,
Don't want to waste anymore time on procrastination.

I've always gone against the flow,
I've always been part of my own tide,
There's never been any crew to my captain,
I've always run a one-woman show.
I've had so called 'allies' before,
More like pirates,
Always gunned me down.
But I'll follow my own path,
Maybe it'll turn my life around.

Against the tide,
Against the odds,
Dangerous, I know.
But when you've got a life to live
You have to live your life,
No point taking things slow.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

There is one strong verse there, and it begins "I've always gone against the flow" and it has allies and pirates in it.

The first two verses are concise.

I like the spirit and the message of this one:

"I want to live my life".

One life to live. Don't take it slow!