"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Thursday, February 03, 2011

I wish.

I see your sad face,
Your sad smile,
Sittin' alone whilst the boys run around.
And I don't know how it ended like this,
But I don't think I'm the only victim now.

I wish you knew how much you hurt me,
I wish you knew what it would mean if you just said sorry,
I wish you knew that I'll always be your friend.
I wish I knew why you never let me forgive you,
I wish I knew exactly what I ever meant to you,
I wish you knew what I knew,
And I wish I knew what you knew.

I see your eyes stare without really seeing,
I wonder what you're thinking of.
I'd tell you I miss you but I don't know how,
And I've never heard silence quite this loud.
I'm dying to know if it's killing you like it's killing me.

I wish you knew how much it kills me,
How easy it seems for you to forget me,
I wish you knew just a little of my pain.
I wish I knew what's hurting you,
I wish I knew how to make you smile again.
I wish I knew how to let us talk again.

There's a wall between us,
Of indecision,
Of misunderstanding,
Of wounds we don't want to open again.
There's something that stops me from running up to you,
Hold you,
Laugh with you,
Like I used to.
I wish I could break through...

I wish you knew what I knew,
I wish I knew what you knew.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

If we knew more than a little bit of each other's pain...

Great structure in "I wish". A lot of emotion, especially melancholy.

The bit about the person you're talking about sitting alone and staring...

"I wish I knew what you knew
I wish you knew what I knew".