"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Friday, February 11, 2011

I know it's lame, but I cling on to his every word,
Even though it's really nothing that I haven't heard.
When we walk down the hall sometimes he smiles and talks to me,
And I can't help but laugh because it's so damn funny,
That stupid joke 'bout the Jews,
Hitler and concentrated orange juice,
It would be so dumb if it was anyone but him,
The unnatainable prize in this game I cannot win.

I make excuses about my crazy stupid heart,
But to me it's just one painful unamusing farce,
It's so hard to say one thing and feel another,
I hate how we lie to each other,
But that's what I have to do.

She's just so beautiful,
That girl he just asked out,
And she's got everything that I have to live without.
Sometimes I get lost in fantasies,
But I know he would never like a girl like me,
I'm too loud,
I'm too bold,
I'm too young,
I'm too everything.

And so I walk with my head down,
The same tired, lonely nerd,
I try to remember that I don't need boys,
And I shouldn't be one of their many toys,
But sometimes it's so hard to be a girl,
Trying to find a place in this world.

No comments: