"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

arsenic heartfires

I will not waste my
sparkling diamond youth
throwing snowflakes
at heartfires

I only laughed once
and trembled in shock
as the last infant tears
rolled down flushed cheeks

I always dreamed
of something violent in its intensity
profane, profound, humble
sacrilege of exquisite sincerity

and I wanted it all
I needed to taste the passion
of the blood that wrote the history books
and the tears of life and lies and time

perhaps it was only a dream
when I was seduced by tonic and toxin
but there is no virtue purer
and no higher order

than lust, and hunger, and desire

Click here for a discussion of arsenic heartfires

No comments: