"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Lolita

You could not resist, could you
You said you would not, could not

I thought I had lured you out to play
But I scarcely know
Who's the hunter and
Who's the hunted.

There have been flickers
Just little moments
Times when you looked at me

As if the little death
Is something I should know

Do I wear Red Riding Hood's cloak
Or a matador's cape?

I sang nursery rhymes in my dreams
But I was alone in the woods
When you bared your teeth

The ram has touched the wall either way.

I just..
I just wanted to know what it was like.

Click here for a discussion of Lolita

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

"The ram has touched the wall either way".

That is the Lolita experience/experiment all around. (And for at least one of the parties it's an experiment).

In a sense, the victim of Lolita is the reader and the villain the story.