"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Breathe.

They all died, you know
In comfort without comfort
I was born of Kuanyin
And a tyrant

I can't sleep, you know
I can hear voices in my head
Can you not breathe?
Is it so hard for you?

I try, you know
But all my shortcomings
As flesh and blood
They are faults, not insults

I can't do this, you know
I still remember
I used to count each warm prickly kiss
I still do, but they're not yours

It's too hard, you know
They expect me to hate chocolate eyes
And bygone dictators
But blood protects you from my fury

Don't say anything
Get over it
Be strong
He's still your -

They all died
I can't sleep
I try
I can't do this
It's too hard
andidon'twantodothisanymoreidon'twanttodothisanymoreidon'twantodothisanymoreidon'twanttodothisanymoreidon'twanttodo

Stop.

Breathe.
Just breathe.

I have had enough.

Click here for a discussion of Breathe. 

No comments: