"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Silence.

It was a macabre silence
I have never heard anything

Quite
So 
Loud

But all my words
Couldn't come 

I couldn't breathe in a river of blood

I wonder if the clouds hear me
And weep for pity

And when words fall on deaf ears
They are not words at all

They do not break the silence

And I, with my death
Might end this siege

This plague upon our house

But corpses do not speak
Do not hear 

It was a macabre silence
You could not take it 

It was not something you could bear alone
My cracked heart and spilled blood 

I have borne that alone
I could have killed you

If I had had the heart
To show you my pain 

And Kuanyin bore
A bloodstained child

A live monster
And a dead one

If you had known her pain
If you had anything left of you 

She would have destroyed you
As you destroy us

Do you enjoy passing your time
In macabre silence?

A laugh, a cry
Is too much music to bear

You find comfort
In emptiness for an empty heart

It is as if in your weakness
You have cut yourself off

You cannot bear the drumming 
Of hearts beating in unison

I am sorry
That you have lived your life in macabre silence

A lifetime of words
Upon deaf ears 

But now
You have condemned me too. 

It was a macabre silence
I have never heard anything

Quite
So 
Loud.

Click here for a discussion of Silence

No comments: