"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, August 27, 2012

Mermaid.

alittlemermaid
walked   -   on   -   knives
and smiled

and I -
I know what that is.

a fish out of water
couldn't breathe
couldn't speak
but dared to dream

of
a
prince

who was blind

he loved a mirror more than a mermaid
and the monsters turned
goddess to eunuch
to suit his tastes

the choice was always
shattered glass
or sea foam.

love is not blind

but he couldn't see her tears as she
walked   -   on   -   knives
and smiled

and he couldn't save her
he couldn't save her

there is no need to pray
no need to speak.

angels and princes

they couldn't hear her
underwater

they couldn't save her
with eyes that couldn't see
and lips that couldn't speak

he believed in fairytales
of love conquers all

but I begin to wonder
if true love's kiss exists at all

he never loved her
he only drowned her

alittlemermaid
walked   -   on   -   knives
and smiled

and I -
I know what that is.

Click here for a discussion of Mermaid.

No comments: