"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

my hair conditioner is a science experiment.

Now Playing: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift (I say I hate you, you call me, I love you)

To make hair conditioner: Pick rosemary, wash rosemary, cram rosemary into glass jar, cover in apple cider vinegar. Dilute 1/4 cup in 400mls of water. Replace rosemary when it begins to disintegrate.

Because of my new shampoo (amazing Shampoo Bar from Corrynne's) I've been washing my hair less often, so my conditioner is used a lot less and spends a lot more time sitting in a dark cupboard, not being topped up or otherwise messed about with.

Which means that, especially where the rosemary is exposed...it's trying to form a mother.

and then I was topping it up today without looking properly at the vinegar bottle and then FLOOMP, a massive grey slithery thing plopped into the jar and I was like AAAAAAH

It was an actual mother of vinegar! It was absolutely fascinating. I've never seen one before.

If you put it in alcohol, you can make your own vinegar. Unfortunately it freaked out my sister, and so it went in the bin.

...I know, I'm a nerd. But it was really really cool.

No comments: