"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I am a slob.

Now Playing: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift (I absolutely cannot believe it's been two years since Taylor Swift last released her album. I remember buying it when it came out and...and all the things that have happened since then, there's always been a Taylor Swift song to help me along. New album coming out in October!) 

I am a massive slob.

I've been skipping sports carnivals since year seven. Before then, I was vaguely excited - but then it got boring, you know, all those 'Well Done' stickers and 4th place ribbons in the last division. All the champions read out - they were always the same name. There was never any that much fuss about me, what I could do. All they cared about was who was blessed with the right genetics to have strong legs and make everyone else feel like fat little nerds.

The sense of relief, driving past school - vaguely 'sick', but on my mother's suggestion - on sports carnival day...it was wonderful. Not feeling bad because I was slow and tubby with short legs. Not bursting my lungs trying to win ribbons I always knew I'd never get.

I don't think I've ever been to a high school sports carnival, and I've been to all of one swimming carnival - and didn't swim. I can't even remember if I was on my period or not, but that was the excuse I gave.

So I'm at home, blogging and studying and listening to music. I slept for eleven hours and I'm still in my pyjamas. My hair looks revolting and I know I'll have to wash it before I show my face at school tomorrow. I'm not wearing any makeup and I've done the only thing I can do in the kitchen without blowing something up - make ramen noodles.

:)

No comments: