"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

take the hint.

Now Playing: Hardest of Hearts by Florence + The Machine (there is love in your body but you can't hold it in, it pours from your eyes and spills from your skin, tenderest touch leaves the darkest of marks and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts)

I know I've been giving people the impression that I can't get hints. Like, sarcasm, innuendo.

Which is a departure to how I was a few months ago, where I was kind of the master of conversation. I'm afraid I've slacked off a bit.

I haven't gone simple. I do get it. Seriously. I just don't always react appropriately. I guess you could call it slow reaction, but not really. It's...hard to explain. Just because I don't jump up doesn't mean I don't realize things, it's just that it's not always obvious that I've acknowledged it. It'll come up later, in conversation or on my blog. Where I have the upper hand, obviously.

Another thing is that I'm really, really tired. If you ever want to win an argument...argue with someone who's exhausted. To give you an idea of just how unbelievably tired I've been recently - today I came home, calmly ate a banana, and then crashed into bed. At four in the afternoon. It's been happening a lot lately.

The final excuse I present to the court is that I actually don't hear a lot of things people say. Sometimes I know people say something, I hear their voice, but I haven't the faintest idea what the crap they just said. I probably miss about 30% of what people say to me. And, ya know, it's hard to get a joke when you don't hear it...

So yeah, my mental capacity is not diminished. I'm just deaf, tired and slow. Happy?


No comments: