"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Thousand Thousand Fearless Things.

You know those blogs you read, and they're documenting lists that make them happy/things that they're grateful for?

I want to list and remember everything in my life that is fearless. Chronologically. A little snapshot of the things that make me fearless.

A thousand thousand fearless things. Let's start.

And yes, I know a thousand thousand is a million. I'm not a complete ignoramus.

#1: A hard conversation with a good friend.

#2: Camping. In the middle of freaking nowhere. With no running water. 

#3: Keeping a diary and pouring my heart out. 

#4: Trying to be social. 

#5: Reshuffling priorities. Realizing I'm happy with things I didn't think I'd be happy with.

#6: Admitting to myself that I don't like random fifteen minute silences. It's easy to ignore people in a metaphysical sense of the word. 

#7: Singing Fearless and realizing that something like that will happen for me.  

 ...more to come.

No comments: