"I don't think that being a strong person is about ignoring your emotions and fighting your feelings. Putting on a brave face doesn't mean you're a brave person. That's why everybody in my life knows everything that I'm going through. I can't hide anything from them. People need to realise that being open isn't the same as being weak."

- Taylor Swift

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mon Ami.

If you live and die completely ignorant
It would have been my greatest achievement
And greatest failure

I will protect you and let you live
However you wish
And I will pick you up should you ever fall

I watched a caterpillar become a butterfly
You seem too vulnerable for human company
Because you are to me as fragile as a memory

And I know that my tears are my own
That my heart is my own burden to bear
And when I draw the short straw two cannot pay the price

I wish you did not believe my lies so easily, mon ami
I wish you did not love so much my smile.

Click here for a discussion of Mon Ami.

No comments: